At MCIS, we are happy to assist you with your Citizenship application. In addition to representing you before the relevant authorities, our services include: preparing you for your Citizenship test, familiarize you with the necessary documents, preparing your forms and supporting documents etc.
It’s a big step and we are here to help you. Contact us today or fill our evaluation form, after we assess your eligibility, we will contact you.
Who is eligible to Apply for Canadian Citizenship?
In order to become a Canadian citizen, you must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- You must have resided in Canada for at least three of the last four years.
- You must not have any criminal prohibitions.
- You must pass the Citizenship Test and Interview.
Canada Citizenship Act – Criminal Prohibitions
You cannot become a citizen if you:
- Have been convicted of an indictable (criminal) offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the three years before you apply;
- Are currently charged with an indictable offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act;
- Are in prison, on parole or on probation;
- Are under a removal order (have been ordered by Canadian officials to leave Canada);
- Are under investigation for, are charged with, or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity; or
- Have had your Canadian citizenship taken away in the past five years.
Passing the Canada Citizenship Test and Interview
In order to pass the citizenship test and interview, you must be able to show the following:
- Adequate knowledge of English or French.
- Knowledge of Canada, including the rights and responsibilities of citizenship and an understanding of Canada’s history, values, institutions and symbols.
Contact us today and ask for your eligibility for Canadian visa or immigration plans. You may fill out the free immigration evaluation form and after we assess your eligibility our staff will contact you.