At MCIS, we provide the necessary assistance to individuals who want to come to Canada as a live-in caregiver. This program allows families to hire a foreign caregiver to look after their loved ones. You can fill out our free evaluation form and we will assess your eligibility for this class.
There are some requirements that need to be met:
- The caregiver should provide care on a full-time basis (minimum 30 hours per week) to children under the age of 18, to elderly persons of 65 years of age or more, or to persons with disabilities;
- They should be able to work and live independently in the household where the care is being provided. An application under the Stream for Lower-skilled Occupations must be filed by the employer for the caregiver to reside outside of the said household; and
- They need to meet the requirements set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada for the LCP.
- The caregiver must have the cualifying education or relevant experience in the field.
The employers have to meet the requirements such as; the wages, working conditions and occupation, the advertisement and program requirements.
The employers should be aware of the responsibilities and the preliminary requirements of this program. This includes undertaking research to know if:
• Canadian citizens or permanent residents are currently available to perform caregiving duties;
• This program is the best option for the circumstances of a client, considering the employee will live in the household.
It is very important to keep in mind that the country of origin of the prospective live-in caregiver might have some certain legal requirements.
In order to be able to hire a live-in caregiver, there are some criteria that must be met by the employers.
• The employer should demonstrate a sufficient effort to hire a Canadian, a permanent resident or a foreign worker already in Canada;
• The employer should demonstrate the sufficient financial resource in order to effort a live-in caregiver.
• The employer needs to be able to provide a certain level of accommodation in their house in order to be able to hire a live-in caregiver.
• Provide an offer of employment for a care-giving position; and
• Submit the appropriate application for a Labor Market Opinion to HRSDC/Service Canada.
Before the prospective caregiver enters Canada, a Citizenship and Immigration Canada visa officer screens the caregiver’s application. This is a list of conditions that must be met by the prospective caregiver;
• hold an equivalence of a Canadian secondary school degree.
• Have experience as a caregiver or fulfill a certain level of classroom training.
• Be able to speak, read and understand English or French.
• Medical, security and criminal clearances.
• Sign a written employment contract with a Canadian employer.
The LCP requirements such as; the paid benefits, job duties, hours of work, wages, accommodation arrangements, holiday and sick leave entitlements, and termination and resignation terms must be mentioned in the contract.
Eligible caregivers with appropriate experience gained in Canada, will be able to appy for Permanent Residence.
If you are a Live-In Care Giver in Canada and you want to make changes to your situation e.g. your employer, your place of residence, sponsoring your family members to join you in Canada, are facing problems with the government, have fallen out of status, or any other Immigration-Related matter, we are here to help.
Contact us today and ask for your eligibility for Canadian visa or immigration plans. You may fill out the free immigration evaluation form and after we assess your eligibility our staff will contact you.