Federal Skelled Worker
One of the services at MCIS is Federal Skilled worker immigration program. This program has everchanging criteria. The Federal Government has announced the start of a new Express-Entry program for 2015.
Federal skilled workers (FSW) are chosen based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in Canada economy as permanent residents. At MCIS we provide you with the information and advice you need through your Federal Skilled Worker application, as well as representing you and preparing your application.
These are the criteria of assessment that you should keep in mind:
- English and/or French skills,
- Work experience, and
- Other factors that have been shown to help them prosper in Canada.
The Federal Skilled Worker rules can changes anytime without any notice. Make sure you are up to date and check our website for latest changes. Please contact us or fill our free evaluation form to find out your eligibility.
Canadian Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must meet these criteria in order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa:
- Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 50 eligible occupations; or
- Qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labor Market Opinion and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; or
- Have completed a PhD in Canada, or have completed two years of study in Canada towards a PhD, in both cases at a recognized institution; and
- Have a minimum point of language proficiency exam for one of Canada’s two official languages (English/French)
- In addition, Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must attain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors.
A maximum of 25,000 total applications will be accepted under this stream. A maximum of 1,000 applications will be accepted per eligible occupation.
The selection factors are summarized as follows:
- Education: Applicants are awarded up to 25 points.
- Language Skills: Applicants are awarded up to 28 total points (24-first official language, 4-second official language).
- Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 15 points for paid skilled work experience acquired in the last 10 years. A minimum of 9 points is required.
- Age: Applicants are awarded up to 12 points.
- Job Offer: Applicants are awarded up to 10 points.
- Adaptability: Applicants are awarded up to 10 points.
In addition become eligible and acquire and points requirements, applicants must show that they have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependents after arrival in Canada. As part of the Canadian immigration application process, applicants and their dependents must also undergo medical examinations and security clearances.
Processing Times vary from one Canadian Immigration Visa office to another.
Contact us today and ask for your eligibility for Canadian visa or immigration plans. You may fill out the free immigration evaluation form and after we assess your eligibility our staff will contact you.
Canada: +1 (613) 858- 4234
Toll Free Number: 1-844-624 7669 (MCIS-NOW)
Skype ID: mcis.firm
Ottawa Office Address: 122 Clarence St. Ottawa, ON K1N5P6
Toronto Office Address: 6 Birchbank Road, Brampton, Ontario L6T 1L7 (by appointment only)