British Columbia held two BCPNP draws and issued 494 ITAs
On February 16, 2021, British Columbia held two invitation rounds in the Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC) categories of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). In the general draw, BC invited 459 persons to apply for a nomination of British Columbia. The lowest scores in this round slightly changed:
- Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker 98
- Skills Immigration – International Graduate 94 (-4 points)
- Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled 85 (+6 point)
- Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Worker 104
- Express Entry British Columbia – International Graduate 94 (-6 points)
The second draw of the day was aimed solely at candidates in NOC 0621 – Retail and Wholesale Trade Managers and NOC 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers. According to the government, both occupations have a high number of registrants within the BC PNP Skills Immigration Registration System. The lowest score of those candidates was 120 points. In addition, starting February 16, BC has finally lifted the restriction for 31 occupations from participation in the SI and EEBC draws. In total, BC invited 1,308 under the BCPNP to apply for a nomination in 2021.