British Columbia invited 444 candidates in the new draws
On March 2, 2021, British Columbia conducted two draws in the Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC) categories of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). In the general draw, the province issued 418 invitations. The lowest scores dropped for Skilled Workers and Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Workers subcategories:
- Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker 97 (-1 point)
- Skills Immigration – International Graduate 94
- Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled 83 (-2 points)
- Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Worker 97 (-7 points)
- Express Entry British Columbia – International Graduate 94
The second round of the day targeted only candidates in NOC 0621 – Retail and Wholesale Trade Managers and NOC 0631 – Restaurant and Food Service Managers. BCPNP invited 26 such candidates. Both NOCs have a high number of registrants within the BC PNP Skills Immigration Registration System. The lowest score of those candidates was 118 points, two points fewer compared to the previous draw for these NOCs. In total, British Columbia issued 1,839 ITAs under the BCPNP in 2021.