British Columbia invited 506 candidates in the new draws
On March 16, 2021, British Columbia held two invitation rounds in the Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC) categories of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). In the general draw, the province invited 428 candidates to apply for a nomination of British Columbia. The lowest scores in this round slightly changed:
- Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker 96 (-1 point)
- Skills Immigration – International Graduate 94
- Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled 81 (-2 points)
- Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Worker 96 (-1 point)
- Express Entry British Columbia – International Graduate 94
The second draw of the day was aimed solely at candidates in NOC 0621 – Retail and Wholesale Trade Managers and NOC 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers. According to the government, both occupations have a high number of registrants within the BC PNP Skills Immigration Registration System. The lowest score of those candidates was 114 points. In total, British Columbia invited 2,440 under the BCPNP to apply for a nomination in 2021.