Would you like to move to Canada via Ontario Entrepreneur Immigration Stream? Mansouri Immigration Firm is a leading Canadian business immigration consulting company. Our experts specialize in Ontario Entrepreneur Immigration!
OINP Entrepreneur Stream
Being the most popular immigration province in Canada, Ontario also attracts the most business immigrants to Canada. Entrepreneurs enjoy the vibrant rhythm of life in Ontario, its investment climate and plenty of business opportunities.
Foreigners who wish to immigrate to Canada, and who did not gain enough points in the federal Express Entry system, can take advantage of one of the provincial immigration programs. Among the most popular programs is the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). OINP includes 9 streams and of them is dedicated to talented foreign business people!
OINP Entrepreneur Stream is designed for those foreign entrepreneurs who have an intention to establish or to acquire a business in Ontario. Entrepreneur Stream allows you to obtain permanent residence status in Canada and is destined for businessmen who are willing to invest in an existing or new business in Ontario.
Business requirements under OINP Entrepreneur stream:
The main goal of the business should be to profit from the sale of goods and services, and not interest, dividends or capital gains.
To be eligible to immigrate through this stream as a business owner, you must meet the following requirements:
- have work experience of at least 24 months out of the last 60 as a manager – business owner or senior manager.
- have a net worth of at least 800,000 CAD and invest 600,000 CAD in your business (if the business is located in the Greater Toronto Area)
- invest in the business at least 400,000 CAD and invest 200,000 CAD in your business (if the business is located outside of Greater Toronto Area)
- create at least 2 work positions for Canadian citizens or permanent residents in GTA or 1 position if it is located outside the GTA.
- score at least 4 points (CLB) in English or French, as well as provide the results of language tests TEF or TCF for French and IELTS or CELPIP for English.
There are also types of business that are not suitable for this stream:
- automatic car washes
- a business owned by other OINP nominees
- microloan business
- scrap and tire recycling business
- self-service laundries; holding companies
If the company operates in Toronto or its suburbs, the following types of business are also not suitable for participating in this stream:
- gas stations
- mini-hotels (bed and breakfasts)
- existing franchises in Ontario
The OINP Entrepreneur Stream is a point-based stream. The get the score which will be enough to get an invitation to apply for a nomination of Ontario, you may need to meet some additional requirements.
How can I immigrate with the help of the Mansori Immigration Firm?
The first thing you need to on your way of business immigration to Ontario is contacting our immigration consultants! We will consult you in all aspects of the establishment of your business, application process, provincial nomination, and finally permanent residence application.