Quebec is investigating ten DLIs
On December 30, 2020, the Quebec Immigration Department (MIFI) announced the suspension of applications for Quebec Acceptance Certificates (CAQ) for individuals who study at ten Designated Learning Institutions (DLI):
- M College of Canada;
- Matrix College of Management, Technology and Healthcare;
- Canada College inc.;
- Herzing College (Institute);
- CDE College;
- Montréal College of Information Technology;
- Institut supérieur d’informatique (ISI);
- Universel College – Gatineau Campus;
- Collège CDI;
- Montréal Campus of Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles.
The reason for such a tough measure is the questionable status of the integrity of the recruitment process in those ten DLIs. MIFI temporarily suspended applications that did not receive the final decision. The department will not accept new applications from students from those institutions until the investigation is over. This suspension will remain in force until March 31, 2021.