Record population growth during the third quarter of 2019 in Canada

Record population growth during the third quarter of 2019 in Canada

Record population growth during the third quarter of 2019 in Canada

In the third quarter of 2019, Canada’s population increased by 208,234.

The major source of this increase was an influx of immigrants and temporary residents.

This was the first time in history that the country’s population increased by more than 200,000 in one quarter. It represents a quarterly population increase of 0.6%, the largest growth observed since July 1971.

International migration (including temporary migrants) accounted for 83.4% of the total population growth in the third quarter. The rest 16.6% was the result of natural increase or the difference between the number of births and deaths.

The natural population increase is expected to reduce as a result of population ageing and low fertility levels.

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://mansouri-immigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/hand.jpg);background-size: cover;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: no-repeat;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 315px;}